D3 Engineering has been on the Rochester Chamber Top 100 list for 7 of the last 11 years and is continuing to grow.
- Would you enjoy creating cutting-edge Autonomous Systems?
- Are you inspired by enabling technologies in real-world applications?
- Want to work in a collaborative, innovative environment?
D3 Engineering has an opportunity for you to work with scalable and optimized real-time embedded imaging systems for cutting edge systems and applications. Your ability to learn, innovate, collaborate and lead are highly valued here.
What you work on:
- All aspects of the imaging chain including; sensor and camera calibration, optics, Image Signal Processing (ISP) tuning, algorithm development, analysis, verification and validation, and customer support
- Embedded camera systems and ISPs running real-time operating systems or Embedded Linux on custom electronics.
- Technical tasks including; assisting with board bring-up, testing driver and application-level configurations, and imaging operational verification.
- Camera Module calibration, characterization, unit testing, system debugging, and image quality measurements.
- Technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects, intimate collaboration with customers’ engineering teams and managers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and estimating work effort.
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by yourself and other team members.
- Development and testing in an electronics/imaging lab environment.
- Embedded Linux platforms
- Open source Linux and associated SDKs
- NVIDIA, TI, Intel HW platforms and development kits
- Camera interface boards
- Developing & identifying tools & methods for analysis, better design reuse & process improvement.
- Design reviews and technical oversight.
- Reporting results from analyses and experiments.
- Coaching & mentoring less experienced engineers and co-ops.
- High speed interfaces including FPD-Link, GMSL, MIPI-CSI, USB3, Gigabit EthernetRGMII, SATA, PCIe, FPGA serial transceivers
- Embedded camera, video processing and computer vision
- Electrification (Control and Power Systems)
- Advanced algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Access to advanced, sometimes unreleased technologies
What you need:
- Image Scientist – 0 to 5 years’ experience
- Sr. Image Scientist - 5-10+ years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Imaging Science, Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering discipline along with relevant experience and/or equivalent combination
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to use imaging lab & photographic equipment.
- Practitioner of Matlab and/or Python
- Ability to use/learn various industry standard and in-house imaging tools/utilities
- Experience operating embedded HW systems (NVIDIA, TI, Intel)
- Awareness of embedded software and firmware development, including C and C++.
- Experience with Linux OS preferred.
- Experience using GIT or other version control system preferred.
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is desirable.
- Self-Driven personality and desire to learn new things.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of a big picture, system-oriented approach.
- Solid technical leadership skills.
D3 Engineering is an engineering services company specializing in embedded system product development and real-time signal processing: Hardware, software, and algorithms. We develop and produce embedded systems for some of the world’s most innovative technology companies. Our work enables next-generation products for performance-critical applications in medical, industrial, automotive, and defense.
We offer competitive salaries as well as medical, dental, vision, disability, simple IRA, and many more benefits!
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.