D3 Engineering is seeking Embedded Software Engineers to execute the complete embedded software life cycle across multiple processor platforms. The goal is to create scalable and optimized real-time embedded software systems.
D3 Engineering is an engineering services company specializing in real-time signal processing: Hardware, software, and algorithms. We develop and produce embedded systems for some of the world’s most innovative technology companies. Our work enables next-generation products for performance-critical applications in medical, industrial, automotive, and defense.
D3 offers competitive salaries as well as medical and retirement benefits. Our engineers are engaged in cutting-edge, large company projects, yet in a small company atmosphere.
Core responsibilities for this position will encompass involvement in requirements definition & architecture, software design, implementing software, unit test and software/hardware integration.
- Working with embedded processors running “Bare metal, real-time operating systems and Linux on custom circuit cards. Will be responsible for a variety of technical tasks including assisting with board bring-up, developing driver and application level code, and system verification.
- Conduct and oversee code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration.
- Drive process and standards improvement efforts.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects. Provide a high level of mentoring to other Software Engineers.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and work effort. May develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Knowledge of embedded software and firmware development, including C and C++.
- FPGA programming experience is a plus.
- Up to date experience with an Embedded Linux platform, its configuration, board support packages, boot loaders, kernel, drivers, and application development is highly desired.
- Experience developing with GCC/GNU toolchain and Linux development tools, including Git version control system
- Experience with the creation of custom Embedded Linux system platforms and associated SDK using Open Embedded based tools such as Yocto.
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of simulation and analysis tools including debuggers, code analyzers, software testing tools, etc.
- Experience developing drivers for SPI, I2C, Flash, Timers, GPIO, Interrupts
- Ability to read schematics and debug digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Capable of a big picture, system oriented approach
- Solid technical leadership skills and ability to serve as a project lead
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience
*Note: D3 Engineering does not sponsor visas.
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.